Last Words

After much deliberation, I have decided to retire HollyMannia and move on.

Until our crazy paths cross again...

12.12.2007

Applying the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Techniques of Holly Mann

The most important lesson I learned from Holly Mann's eBook, Honest Riches, is the Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Holly Mann introduced me this very vital concept in internet marketing. Without SEO knowledge, a website is just dead. SEO is like the frontier of online-money-making civilization. Yes, that’s how I put it. I think I would need to trademark that phrase now.

Kidding aside, I know SEO is the backbone of every website and without proper optimization, the website is doomed to death. Perhaps, that’s what happened to my websites past and present. SEO seems an easy concept but it is way easier said than done. Even if I applied Holly Mann’s techniques, I can’t do it.

In my defunct website, WealthyFreelancer.com, I wrote the following about SEO:

SEO is the process of making your website searchable through search engines like Google, Yahoo, Ask, and MSN. To simply put it, search engines use formulas in order to rank websites. When you go to Google, for example, and type the word you are searching information for, the first websites that come up (after the sponsored listing if there's any) are the ones that rank the highest in Google's formula.

Since most people who are looking for something go to the Search Engines first, it is very important to know how to be indexed by the search engines. This is where SEO technique comes in.


The heart of SEO is keywords. Holly Mann’s eBook underlines the importance of keywords in making a website. And she highly recommends WordTracker. After knowing the keywords, it goes complicated from there. But you know Holly Mann, she has the ability to make things sound simpler. So here’s what follows as far as I understood it:

1. Once you found your keywords, put as many of these keywords as you can in your site’s content.
2. Get as many links as you can from other websites with similar themes as yours and put them in your site.
3. Write at least one article about your website, have a link to your site at the foot of the article, and submit to ezines so you will have more exposure.
4. Submit your URL to online directories.

WordTracker has a course about keywords and it is now in my to-do list. I want to take the course because I would surely end up using it anyway. Even SiteSell, a webhosting company I recently signed to recommends it. I’m now beginning to think all these internet marketers, software makers, and keyword services work in collaboration to sell us stuff. But my goal is simple: I want to make money out of this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I was just reading some of the information on your website and was wondering if you have been successful at making any money by promoting Holly Mann's ebook or any other affiliate products.
I purchased Holly's ebook back in June and read it page for page but I agree with you that she makes it sound like any easy process when in fact the reality is that it isn't easy at all. I am going to keep plugging away and hopefully will see some results too.

Thanks,

Lucille Haake said...

First of all, thanks for the comment. Yes, you are right. Holly mann makes it sound easy but it definitely is not. All ebook authors (on making money) do. I'm making money right now but very little and it is through the combination of techniques from other "gurus." Some earnings I made, I cannot even monetize because I have to reach a certain amount to do so.

Honest Riches is not the ultimate ebook, it is not everything there is to learn. But the thing is, do persevere to get to the point where you can say you like what you do, are comfortable in doing it, and is easy for you to do it.

Wow, I think I can now make my own advise ebook on the frustrations of making money online.

Good luck to you whoever you are...

LinkShare  Referral  Prg

Holly Mann Blogs

Copyright 2009-2015. All rights reserved.