Last Words

After much deliberation, I have decided to retire HollyMannia and move on.

Until our crazy paths cross again...

1.25.2008

Things Are Looking Up

I just checked with the programmer at Scriptlance. He's not dead. Actually, he re-laid out my website dessign. Things are looking up. Though the design does not look fit to my taste and high enough to my standard, I'm just glad that there are developments going on. In fairness to this programmer, I think he is pretty good and beside his name at the Scriptlance website is a ribbon that says he is a Certified Programmer. Plus, he got ten stars underneath his name. That means all the reviews are great.

I outsource the design of my website through Scriptlance because Holly Mann recommends it in her eBook, Honest Riches. It works like eBay where the projects are for auction. I think it is an Indian based website as most programmers are from India but I'm not really sure. Sure, there are programmers from other partsof the country, too like Germany, Canada, Europe, and United States but most are from India.

I got about 18 bids for my project. Now, the choosing of the winning bid does not depend on the lowest bid. This is because the programmer's type of service at the price named may be inferior to others. Just like me, I did not choose the lowest bid but I chose the one which kind of offered the specifications I wanted and understood where I wanted to go.

At Scriptlance, people rendering service are called programmers while people who post projects are called buyers. Scriptlance collects $5 from both once the winning bid is chosen. Just like eBay, at the completion of the transaction, the programmer and buyer gets to rate and review each other. Since neither of you wants a negative feedback or score, you may as well leave a favorable or neutral feedback.

I would say Scriptlance is great because it gives you choices and you can name your price. But be careful in your selection of bid. You don't want the quality of the project be compromised. I guess in everything, one should look for value. I don't believe in the concept of getting what you pay for. A cheaper price doesn't necessarily mean you are getting poor quality. You just have to know what you are paying for. So research is always important. Knowledge is power and it is very accessible because of the internet. Use what is available and be wise.

No comments:

LinkShare  Referral  Prg

Holly Mann Blogs

Copyright 2009-2015. All rights reserved.