Last Words

After much deliberation, I have decided to retire HollyMannia and move on.

Until our crazy paths cross again...

12.28.2007

Last Post of the Year

This is my last post for Holly Mann/Honest Riches blog for the year 2007. I welcome the new year with a smile and a hope that my online endeavor will take off in 2008.

Right now, I'm building my own website (again). Well, actually, I'm outsourcing it this time. I’ve learned the secrets of outsourcing from Holly Mann's eBook. I have posted the project on Scriptlance and right now, it’s open for bids. I have until January 7th to choose.

Scriptlance is cool because whatever technical blunder you have, you can hire someone to do it for you. And what is cool-er about it is, programmers who can easily do the job would bid. You win because you choose anyone you like, not necessarily the lowest bid but whoever you think is capable of doing the job.

This 2008, I will have a brand new website that I am determined to keep – up or low—whatever the time is. I will be happy to add it in my signature in my outgoing email, I will be proud to tell people that I own that website.

Holly Mann in her Honest Riches eBook mentioned about open source (i.e., websites, software) that we can use freely. I downloaded one but I can’t open it. Apparently, I need to have another program to run it. Holly Mann mentioned a few technical matters in her eBook, Honest Riches 2007, which I think for a regular person, would be hard to apply. Yes, it was understandable what she meant but it was not as exhaustive. There are areas that need more explanation. I don’t consider myself non-techie but I stumble with some steps and techniques. Even when I Googled further, it would not get me the answer. For me, there’s a world out there that only programmers, developers, and SEOs understand and I’m simply out of the circle.

But for me right now, Scriptlance is the answer. I’m outsourcing the building of my website and I would not think any other way.

No comments:

LinkShare  Referral  Prg

Holly Mann Blogs

Copyright 2009-2015. All rights reserved.